Spring is in the air, here in Australia! Warm winter clothing are being put away or swapped out for lighter pieces of clothing, bathing suits are being purchased in time for those warm days by the beach. I don't really enjoy wearing makeup to the beach except for a coat of waterproof mascara to elongate and lift my eyelashes. On those makeup free days, I do enjoy having glowy, clear and even toned skin mainly because it makes me look fresh, healthy and hydrated! I learnt this DIY mask recipe from my mum, she used to apply it to my face when I had bad breakouts during the puberty phase and it definitely helped keep the acne at bay as well as even out the skin tone. All the ingredients can either be found in your kitchen or at a grocery store for a budget friendly price!
What you need :
- Coconut Oil
- A tablespoon
- A small microwave safe bowl
- A Microwave
The turmeric helps with evening out the skin tone, the coconut oil hydrates the skin and the honey has healing properties to heal any blemishes and dry spots as well as nourishes the skin. The coconut oil when combined with the honey nourishes and hydrates the skin to give you that natural glow from within!
What to do :
1. Add a heaped tablespoon of coconut oil into a bowl, and heat it up in the microwave for 10-20 seconds.
2. Mix in a tablespoon of honey and a 1/4 of a table spoon of turmeric with the coconut oil and stir until smooth.
3. Apply onto the face using a brush or your hands using circular motions to help exfoliate the skin.
4. Leave on for 10-15 minutes and rinse with warm water. Turmeric may stain the skin if left on for too long however the stains will wash off with an exfoliating scrub.
Voila! Bright, glowy and even toned skin! Your skin will be beach ready in a matter of minutes!
What are your favourite skincare DIY's?